Bentley Tastes The Rainbow With Colorful Bacalar
22 Mai 2020 - motor1
It won the company's design contest.
Bentley recently held an online contest that challenged the company's workers and their families to design their perfect Mulliner Bacalar. The automaker's Director of Design, Stefan Sielaff, selected this rainbow-colored creation from a woman named Eleanor as having the best exterior among all of the entrants.
Unfortunately, this vibrant design likely isn't going to be on one of the 12 Bacalars going into production, unless a customer specifies it. Putting the whole color spectrum on a vehicle is something Bentley says is possible, though.
Starting from the top of the car and moving downward, the Bacalar wears seven shades from Bentley's vast number of choices (see pic below):
- Dragon Red II is a bright color, which has previously appeared on the launch vehicles for Continental GT V8 in 2012 and more recently the Bentayga V8.
- Orange Flame uses paint with mica pigment and powdered aluminum.
- Yellow Flame is the same shade as on the Bacalar for its original debut.
- Apple Green is one of Bentley's bespoke color options.
- Jetstream II is the company's take on powder blue with a metallic finish.
- Sequin Blue comes from a customer asking for a car to match a favorite ball gown and is now part of the available palette for the brand's vehicles.
- Azure Purple also comes from a customer request. In this case, a client asked for a color matching the African Violet flower.
All 12 units of the Bacalar already have buyers, and the company is charging £1.5 million ($1.84 million at current exchange rates. Power for the roofless roadster comes from a twin-turbo 6.0-liter W12 making 650 horsepower (485 kilowatts) and 667 pound-feet (900 Newton-meters) of torque. Bentley claims the limited-run model can hit 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 3.5 seconds and reach a top speed above 200 mph (322 km/h).