Hyundai Grand i10 ‘Typhoon’ features 19 engine & body changes
19 September 2018 - IndianAutosBlog
Hyundai doesn’t sell sporty N Line or high-performance N performance models to India, but there’s always an option to 'slam', 'mod', or 'kit-up' privately.
Delhi-based Smoke'em Customs has served a customer a modified Grand i10 and named it 'Typhoon'.
The modified Hyundai Grand i10 sports visual changes all around, and it puts on the Smoke'em Custom GTR body kit. The front-end is bestowed with an angry-look having lots of sharp cuts, a compact upper grille, large lower air intake, side air inlets and hood scoops. A small detail worth mentioning is the addition of sparkling LED DRLs beside the side air inlets.
On the sides, the custom wheel arches house 16-inch 7.5J Lenso alloy wheels painted red to match the red exterior highlights. Changes at the rear include smoked tail lamps and Smoke'em Customs performance exhaust with dual HKS endcan. There's plenty of decals all around.
Mechanical changes other than the exhaust system include ECU tweaks, BMC cold air intake with turbo fan and NKG laser iridium spark plugs. The Typhoon's 1.2-litre Kappa four-cylinder petrol engine could make about 10 hp more than in the stock form (81.86 hp). Smoke'em Customs has lowered the springs for a sportier stance and slightly more spirited driving.
Inside, the modified Hyundai Grand i10 gets Sparco gear knob, leather steering wheel, custom 7D mats, custom tan leather seat covers, Android-based 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and Polk audio components.
Hyundai Grand i10 ‘Typhoon’ manifest
- Smoke'em Custom GTR Bodykit
- Custom hood vents
- Custom wheel arches and side skirts
- Steering leather wheel
- Sparco Gear knob
- Custom 7D Mats with custom tan leather seat covers
- 16" inch 7.5J Lenso Alloy wheels with aftermarket tires
- ECU tweaks
- BMC cold air intake with turbo fan
- Smoke'em Customs performance exhaust with dual HKS endcan
- NKG laser iridium spark plugs
- Rear HD camera
- Android touchscreen 7 inch stereo with Polk audio components
- Custom lowering springs
- Full body custom paint
- Custom decals
- Custom front splitter and custom rear spoiler
- Custom painted lights with LED lamps
- Interior Mood lighting