India-Bound 2016 Toyota Fortuner Scores 5/5 in Crash Test
29 October 2015 - IndianAutosBlog
The 2016 Toyota Fortuner has received a five-star safety rating from ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program). The SUV received an overall score of 33.95 out of 37.
It is to be noted that the agency has not tested the Fortuner SUV, but has created the test report based on the findings on its pickup version, the 2016 Toyota Hilux.
The report summarises that the car, a Toyota Fortuner has a ‘good’ pedestrian protection, and a ‘good’ whiplash protection. The frontal offset score is 13.45 out of 16, the side impact score is 16.00 out of 16, and the pole test score is 2.0 out of 2.
The ANCAP report says, “the passenger compartment held its shape well in the offset test. Pedal and steering wheel displacements were well controlled. The driver’s head made contact with the steering wheel through the airbag. All doors remained closed during the crash. After the crash all doors could be opened with normal effort.”
The 2016 Toyota Fortuner is equipped with the following safety features on all variants:
- Seat belts (three-point) for all forward-facing seats and Seat belt pretensioners (front)
- Intelligent seat belt reminder (driver, front passenger, 2nd row fixed seats)
- Airbag – Front (driver, passenger), Airbag – Side, chest protection (front seats), Airbag – Side, head protection (front seats, 2nd row seats, 3rd row seats), Airbag – Knee (driver)
- Head restraints for all seats
- Antilock braking system (ABS)
- Automatic headlights
- Electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) and Electronic stability control (ESC)
Electronic stop signal (ESS) and Emergency brake assist (EBA)
- Hill launch assist
- Reversing collision avoidance
- Top-tether anchorages
- Trailer stability control