Uniquement les examination buses circuleront dans les endroits décrétés zone rouges
5 April 2021 - r1
Seulement les autobus arborant des stickers spéciaux livrés par la National Land Transport Authority, auront accès aux zones rouges, indique le ministère du Transport.
Ces autobus transporteront uniquement les collégiens participant aux examens du School Certificate et du Higher School Certificate et les personnels travaillant dans les centres d’examens.
Ce sont les autobus de la Compagnie Nationale de Transport et de la United Bus Service qui assureront ce service.
Pour le Sud, la route 133 Choisy / Curepipe change de trajet et ne pourra récupérer les passagers de Souillac et Rivière des Galets. Les routes Rivière des Galets – Curepipe, Rose-Belle, Rose – Hill et Port-Louis seront opérationnels à partir du terminus de Souillac. Une navette spéciale Chamarel-Souillac sera assurée par la CNT.
Pour les examens du Primary School Achievement Certificate, les écoliers de Canot auront un transport spécial pour les conduire à leur centre d’examens, l’école du gouvernement Desvaux de Marigny.
Communiqué – Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail
In the context of the partial resumption of economic activities, the Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail wishes to inform transport operators and the public of the promulgation of the Road Traffic (COVID-19 Sanitary Measures) Regulations 2021 and the Light Rail (COVID-19 Sanitary Measures) Regulations 2021 with a view to ensuring safe conveyance of commuters.
Accordingly, as from 01st April 2021: –
(i) passengers would need to comply with strict sanitary measures on board public transport vehicles including the light rail. Wearing of face masks and the use of sanitizing facilities would be mandatory;
(ii) physical distancing arrangements in the public transport should be observed and passengers would also need to adhere to crowd management protocols at bus and light rail stations;
(iii) transport operators will need to regularly clean and disinfect their vehicles and arrange for sanitizing facilities on board their vehicles;
(iv) transport operators will be authorised to carry only a limited number of passengers and will need to demarcate seating arrangements on board their vehicles. No standing will be allowed in buses.
(v) travel restrictions would apply during peak hours;
(vi) persons under the age of 18 would be allowed to travel only in case they need medical treatment or for attending examinations;
(vii) senior citizens would be allowed to travel only on allocated days similar to the Alphabetical Order in place for Supermarkets unless they hold a Work Access Permit or are otherwise allowed to remain outdoor by virtue of the Temporary Restrictions of Movement Order issued on 31 March 2021, that is: –
- a person who has to avail himself, or to any other member of his family, of medical treatment, or to procure medicine, or any other item essential for his or his family’s subsistence or livelihood;
- a person who is, pursuant to the COVID-19 (Closing Down of Premises and Restriction of Activities) Regulations 2021, authorised to be outdoor strictly on allocated days or authorised to carry out specific activities;
- employees of the Disciplined Forces while on official duty;
- a member of the National Assembly, as from 6 a.m. preceding the day of a sitting of the National Assembly until 6 a.m. on the next day of the sitting of the National Assembly, for the purpose of attending a sitting of the National Assembly or any other meeting in relation to the sitting of the National Assembly;
- a Judge or Magistrate, or an officer of the Judicial Department, for the purpose of attending Court, in respect of such minimum judicial services as the Chief Justice deems essential, and subject to such directives as the Chief Justice may issue;
- a law practitioner whose services have been retained by a person to attend a police station, place of detention or Court sitting;
- a medical practitioner for the purpose of attending a hospital or private health institution, or for the purpose of domiciliary visits;
- a pharmacist for the purpose of attending his pharmacy;
- a person who has to avail his pet of veterinary treatment;
- a person required to attend a Court by virtue of a summons issued by the Court;
- a person who is issued with a permit by the Commissioner of Police under section 3(2) of the Quarantine Act 2020.
These Regulations provide for strong deterrents, in terms of a fine not exceeding Rs50,000 as well as imprisonment not exceeding two years.
The Ministry relies on the cooperation of transport operators and makes an appeal to the public for strict observance of the sanitary protocols in force in the public transport.
OPERATION OF BUSES IN LOCALITIES FORMERLY CLASSIFIED AS RED ZONES
The public is also informed that following Government decision to remove localities such Petit Camp, Valentina, Carreau Laliane and Jumbo Phoenix from the fully controlled sanitary red zone, transport arrangements for the conveyance of the public within these regions and its surroundings have been reviewed as follows:
Buses operated by National Transport Corporation (NTC)
Routes 3 (Port Louis to Vacoas), 37 (Mont Roches to Curepipe) and 122 (Camp Levieux to Curepipe) will proceed up to Bonne Terre only and back.
Buses operated by United Bus Services Ltd (UBS)
UBS will provide normal service for Route 65B (Hermitage to Quatre Bornes) via Carreau Laliane and Closel.
OPERATION OF BUSES IN RED ZONE
The Public is also informed that buses will not operate within all the sanitary red zones. However, buses will be available only for the conveyance of students for the purpose of attending examinations.
Buses operated by Individual Operators – Intra-Urban Routes
Buses operating along the following routes will continue to operate within the sanitary red zone only during examinations.
Route 81 – Allée Brilliant to Curepipe (Jan Palach North)
Route 104 – Icery to Curepipe (Jan Palach North)
Route 114 – Cite Malherbes to Curepipe (Jan Palach North)
Route 121 – Camp Levieux (Eau Coulée) to Curepipe (Jan Palach North)
Route 128 – Les Casernes to Curepipe (Jan Palach North)
Route 144 – O’Connor to Curepipe (Jan Palach North)
Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail
02 April 2021