Honda BR-V now gets City’s 17.7 cm Digipad touchscreen AVN system
23 September 2017 - IndianAutosBlog
Honda Cars India announced that the BR-V is available with the 17.7 cm Digipad touchscreen AVN system, which was introduced in the 2017 Honda City.
Along with the system comes a rear parking camera and rear parking sensors.
The Digipad AVN system is exclusive to the top-end VX petrol and diesel grades, while parking sensors are available right from the S grade.
The 17.7 cm infotainment system, with the capacitive touch-screen features:
- In-built satellite-linked 3D navigation
- My Storage internal media memory of 1.5GB
- Mirror Link support for smartphone connectivity
- Internet access for browsing, email and live traffic via optional Wifi receiver
- Voice commands for media, navigation and calling
- Smartphone voice assistant activation
- Bluetooth for hands-free telephone and audio streaming support
- AM/FM Digital radio tuner, MP3/WAV, i-Pod/i-phone compatible
- USB slots (2 Nos), Micro SD Card slots for maps and media (2 Nos.) & HDMI-IN port
This is a welcome move by Honda, which aims at freshening the BR-V for the festive season. As we had tested in the City and WR-V, Honda's Digipad is one of the best systems in the mass market segment, although it lacks Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The BR-V is available with two engine options. The petrol variant has a 1.5-litre i-VTEC motor coupled with a 6-speed manual or a CVT (with paddle shifters). It is capable of producing 119 PS of power and 145 Nm of torque. The diesel variant has the 1.5-litre i-DTEC EarthDreams motor paired with a 6-speed manual transmission only. It outputs 100 PS and 200 Nm of peak torque. In both variants, power is sent to the front wheels.